Monday, October 24, 2011

The Blame Game

Blame! If there is a car crash, often times both parties, if able, will blame the other. When a teenager gets in trouble with the law, sometimes the fact that the father left the family or passed away will be blamed. Sometimes the mother is blamed for spoiling the child; often times, society and "nothing for these kids to do" is blamed. The economy is terrible right now. Democrats blame the Republicans, Republicans blame the president and the Democrats. Some blame the former administration. When it is heard that a couple got a divorce, people start chatting trying to figure out who was to blame.

The blame game is one we love to play. It starts early. A tot blames the dog for the mess made in the kitchen, a student blames the teacher if they fail a class. Even in adulthood, we search for someone to blame if we hit our elbow on the door knob at work or we blame our neighbor for the rain washing away the soil under our fence.

I am reminded of what God's Word says about pointing fingers. It says not to worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? - Look it up in the 7th chapter of Matthew. Before I close until Wednesday....Ask yourself: Am I to blame for anything that I have blamed on others?

1 comment:

Simplycr said...

So very true Joyce...a great lesson in being responsible as opposed to placing blame. Looking forward to further reading.